mercredi, février 28, 2007

It was a very surreal experience driving into work today. What I thought was a free run into the city ended up in a traffic jam after driving over Commonwealth bridge. I was extremely frustrated as I was caught up in a traffic jam along the Monaro highway yesterday and consequently was late for my conference. Well, as I inched closer to the city centre,white "stuff" covered the roadside and lawns-and I only realised later that it was ice(lots of it) from a "freak" hailstorm last night. It took awhile to sink in because my brain coudn't link ice with summer!!There were mounds of ice around at lunchtime too-extraordinary for the last day of summer!! Canberra Centre was closed to the public. In fact most shops were closed because of hail/rain damage. Have a look at the pics below-unbelievable stuff.


1 Comments:

At 01 mars, 2007, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hope there was no damage down your way Wendy. I was thinking of your garden while watching the news! So what time was it when you took these photos? It looks pretty dark.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

Site Meter