Hello all, had problems with the blog yesterday-under maintenance or something. Any way, life goes on. We've put the arch up for the roses, and planted a few beauties! We dragged our previously abandoned arch from near the shed (at least 10yrs!)and set it up round the back.
Looking forward to watching the movie "Becoming Jane..." showing in all cinemas from 29 March (for all you Pride and Prejudice fans out there-Liz??). Tash is not too happy with an american actress playing the part of Jane Austen-well, we'll have to check it out nevertheless. I'm taking Tash to watch a french cartoon showing as part of the French film festival in Canberra tomorrow - should be interesting!
Public holiday in Canberra tomorrow-look forward to sleeping in-but we'll be staying home this year. Perhaps I'll try some new receipes....
Below is a photo of one of the new additions to my rose garden-Silver Jubilee (bred in Scotland to commemorate the Queen's 25 yr reign)-taken just after some lovely rain. I also planted the "Eiffel Tower" rose - quite a lanky, but very fragrant rose.


1 Comments:
Another beautiful rose Wendy. I dead headed the last of the summer roses today & threw away the aging annuals in pots ready for bulbs. Hoping to get to Big W next weekend to get daffodils (my favourite)etc. Yes I heard Becoming Jane was coming up. Maybe a girlie treat for Bec, Beth & I one weekend.
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home